OK -- enough talking, time to code!
At the European SharePoint Conference, we'll all get a chance to put our SharePoint skills in action, and form teams to build great SharePoint add-ins and parts. Use the latest SharePoint Framework technologies to build a part that impresses, or build a workflow or integration that meets your business requirements -- either way: Tuesday night, November 15th, is your opportunity to get coding and amaze and impress your friends.
AGENDA FOR TUESDAY NIGHT:
- 17:45 - Meet at main registration deckat Austria Center to walk over to Arcotel
- 18:00 - Dinner at Arcotel + Presentations
- 19:00 - Meet in Arcotel Conference room to select teams and start coding!
You can keep coding through Thursday morning. On Thursday afternoon, we'll gather for one of the final sessions and go over the various solutions, talk about lessons learned, and award the grand prize!
Open to any registered Event attendee 18 years of age or older. Minors must have consent of a parent or legal guardian. Employees and directors of Microsoft Corporation and its subsidiaries, persons involved in the execution or administration of this promotion, and the family members of each (dependents, immediate family members, and individuals residing in the same household) are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
We will judge submissions based on the following criteria:
- 50% - Use of SharePoint Capabilities
- 50% - Innovative and Useful
To be eligible, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- Your entry must be submitted in the form of a URL posted to devpost.com that leads to a publically available video, showcasing your entry
- The video should be between 1 and 5 minutes long
- Your solution must use the Microsoft SharePoint developer platform
- Your entry must be your own original work; and
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated contest such as software, photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others without permission or apparent rights, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of any other person or entity. You may include Microsoft trademarks, logos, and designs, for which Microsoft grants you a limited license to use for the sole purposes of submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- Your entry may NOT contain, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that is obscene or offensive, violent, defamatory, disparaging or illegal, or that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or a particular political agenda, or that communicates messages that may reflect negatively on the goodwill of Microsoft.
$1,600 in prizes
Xbox One S
The winning team (up to 4 team members) will get Xbox One S gaming consoles.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
To enter, simply submit a link to a video (via devpost.com) -- typically, this video would be hosted on a site such as YouTube.
Director, Office & SharePoint Ecosystem Marketing
Use of SharePoint Capabilities
How well does the solution use one (or more) of the three capabilities: SharePoint Framework, Microsoft Graph, SharePoint Web Hooks, or SharePoint Add-ins?
Innovative and Useful
How innovative is the solution? How likely is it to getting used by workers in the broader world?